Aloo Chana Chat is a popular and tangy snack of North India. This is made and sold in Chaat bandi’s all across India, near the shopping complexes, streets.
1 ½ Cups chick peas (Kabuli chana)
2 Medium potatoes, peeled and diced
1 ½ tsp Brown sugar
1/2 tsp chilli powder (mild variety)
2 tbsp Fresh coriander leaves (finely chopped )
1 Pinch salt
1 tbsp Tamarind paste
¼ tsp turmeric powder
6 tbsp Water
1 Onion ( finely chopped)
1 Tomato ( finely sliced into long strips or pomegranate seeds
Procedure of Aloo Chana Chat:
- Soak chick peas for 5 to 6 hours.Wash and pressure cook it with turmeric powder and salt.
- Rinse and drain chick peas
- Pressure cook potatoes separately until soft.
- Remove potatoes from heat. When cool , mash them into coarse pieces..
- Mix the tamarind paste and water in a small bowl.
- Add chili powder, sugar and salt.
- Pour the tamarind mixture on the cooked chick peas.
- Combine the potatoes, chopped onions and coriander leaves.
- Mix them properly and add salt to taste.
- Serve in individual bowls.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Use tomato pieces or pomegranate seeds, if desired.
- Chatpati Aloo Chana Chaat is ready to serve.