Lime Rice is a sour South Indian dish. Ideal for meal packs during travel too.
2 cups Rice
2 lemon (extract juice)
6 tbsp Oil
½ tsp Black Mustard seeds
Few curry leaves
3-4 green chilies
1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
1/4 cup peanuts
Salt (to taste)
Procedure of Lime rice:
- Pressure Cook the rice and spread on a plate, keep aside. Mix lime juice and salt to the rice and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, allow to splutter.
- Add peanuts, fry till brown.
- Now add green chilies, curry leaves, turmeric powder and fry for 2 minutes.
- Switch off the stove and add this to the boiled rice mixed with lemon juice. Mix well.
- Lemon rice is ready to be served.
- Can be taken with tomato chutney or pickle.