Andhra Chepala Iguru is a traditional recipe of Andhra. It is spicy, tasty and tangy fish fry.
Andhra Chepala Iguru is different from Andhra Chepala Pulusu as we use tamarind and tomatoes for preparing Andhra Chepala Pulusu and we don’t use both this ingredients while preparing Andhra Chepala Iguru.
In Andhra Chepala Iguru we marinate the fish for 1 hour and then cook in the gravy till all the water is absorbed.
Let’s go thru the process and ingredients for preparing Andhra Chepala Iguru:
Fish 5 pieces
Red chili powder 2 tsp
Turmeric powder ½ tsp
Salt to taste
Cumin 1 tsp
Green chilies (slit) 3
Water ½ cup
Coriander leaves 3 tbsp
Oil 4 tsp
Procedure for preparing Andhra Chepala Iguru:
- Marinate fish with red chilies powder, turmeric powder, salt and keep aside for 1 hour.
- Grind together onions, garlic and cumin into fine paste.
- Heat oil in a pan, add to it the ground paste and slit green chilies and fry till the raw smell disappear or for 5 minutes till the onions turn to light brownish color on low flame.
- Add ½ cup of water and marinate fish and stir well and cook covered till the curry boils and reduce the flame to low and cook for 10 minutes till the water is absorbed
- Cook slowly by rotating the pan occasionally and turning the fish carefully so the fish is well coated with masala. Put off the flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Spicy and tangy Andhra Chepala Iguru is ready. Serve with rice or chapatti.
- Increase or decrease the spice level according to your preference.
- Cook the fish on low flame by turning the fish on both the sides.