Apple kheer or Apple Payasam is an Andhra sweet recipe that is usually prepared on Maha Shivaratri. Apple kheer is offered as prasadam to Lord Shiva and the devotees break their fasts after having this prasadam.
Apple kheer is made with the fruit apple, milk and sugar. It’s a delicious kheer. It is prepared during festivals. it is an easy sweet recipe.
Milk 1 litre
Sugar 100 gms
Cashew nuts 7
Cardamom powder ¼ tsp
Ghee 2 tsp
Method to prepare Apple Kheer:
- Peel and grate the apples.
- Boil the milk in a vessel till it is reduced to 1/2 its quantity.
- In a pan add ghee and heat it, fry cashew nuts and almonds and keep it aside.
- In same pan add the grated apple and fry for 3-4 minutes then add the sugar and stir for 5 minutes and off the flame.
- Add the apples to the boiling milk and stir cook for 3-4 minutes on low flame stirring occasionally till the apple kheer attains a thick consistency and off the flame.
- Garnish apple kheer with cashew nuts and almonds.
Apple kheer is ready!
If you want a thin consistency apple kheer you can add more milk to the kheer preparation.