Banana Cake is a delicious cake prepared using all – purpose flour and ripe bananas. Today I am posting Banana Cake which is prepared in pressure cooker. This cake can be prepared in oven also.
It takes less time to prepare the yummy Banana Cake in pressure cooker and all can try it. It is a moist and rich or light and spongy cake. So try this yummy Banana Cake and let’s know the feedback
Maida/All – purpose flour 1 cup
Ripe bananas 2
Baking powder 1 tsp
Baking soda ¼ tsp
Powdered Sugar 1 cup
Butter 1/2 cup
Milk ½ cup
Vanilla essence 1 tsp
Cashew nuts 10
Butter 3 tbsp
Powdered sugar 3 tsp
Vanilla essence 2 – 3 drops
Procedure for preparing Banana Cake in Pressure Cooker:
- In a bowl mash bananas or grind the bananas into fine paste.
- In another bowl beat butter and powdered sugar thoroughly.
- Add the eggs and vanilla essence to it and whisk thoroughly.
- Sieve maida, baking powder and baking soda and add this mixture in portions to the bowl and blend well.
- Add milk and blend well.
- Now add mashed banana and blend well.
- Take a baking tin, dust it with butter and maida. Put the butter paper on it and again grease it. Transfer the batter into cake tin. Take a pressure cooker; put 2 cups of salt or sand into it.
- If you are using either salt or sand, heat the cooker on high flame for 10 minutes and then put the ring and place the cake tin on it (before placing the cake tin in the pressure cooker, pat the cake tin so that there is no air bubbles and top the batter with cashew nuts and raisins). Take the cooker lid, remove the rubber gasket, and place the lid on the cooker without the whistle and cook for 40 minutes on low flame.
- When the cake is done, remove the cake tin from the cooker and keep it out.
- The cake can be cut when it is cool to avoid powdering.
- For glay, in a bowl beat the butter, powdered sugar and vanilla essence and spread a thin layer over the cake.
Delicious and Yummy Banana Cake is ready.
- To know the cake is done pierce a tooth pick into the cake, if the cake does not stick to the tooth pick the cake is done. If the cake gets struck to the tooth pick cook on low flame more for 5 minutes.
Do refer for more Pressure Cooker Cake recipes: