Bhindi Sholapuri or Lady’s Finger Masala Fry is a tasty, spicy and tangy snack recipe which is prepared in Sholapuri style. It can be served as starters or have with evening tea as a snack or you can have it with rice and dal curry or any vegetable curry.
Let’s go thru the process of preparing Bhindi Sholapuri:
Bhindi / Lady’s Finger/Okra 15
Besan / channa powder 5 tsp
Rice powder 1 tsp
Red chili powder ½ tsp
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
For the masala:
Chaat masala 2 tsp
Jeera powder 1 tsp
Red chili powder 2 tsp
Procedure for preparing Bhindi Sholapuri:
- Wash the bhindi well in water.
- Dry them on a large plate under the fan for few minutes.
- Remove the base and stalk while chopping the bhindi’s into 4 long pieces.
- In a bowl add chaat masala, jeera powder, red chili powder, salt and chopped bhindi pieces and mix well. Marinate it for 20 minutes.
- In another bowl add besan, rice powder, red chili powder, salt and little water to make a batter.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying. Dip the marinated bhindi into the batter one by one and slowly and carefully add it to the hot oil for deep frying. Fry on both sides till the bhindi turns crispy and golden brown.
Crispy, spicy and tangy Bhindi Sholapuri is ready.
Do refer for more Vegetable recipe: