Broad Beans (chikkudukaya) are good source of cholesterol. It is also rich in dietary fiber and soluable fibre.
Potatoes are good source of Vitamin C and B6. It strengthens the immune system and boost heart health.
Today, I am posting Broad Beans and Potato Fry which is very nutrient, easy to prepare and tasty side dish for chappatis and rice.
Broad beans /chikkudukaya 2 cups
Onion (chopped) 1
Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
Red chilli powder 1 tsp
Oil 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Curry leaves 1 strand
Dry red chilli 2
Mustard seeds ½ tsp
Jeera ½ tsp
Procedure for preparing Broad Beans Potato Fry:
- Trim the ends of board beans. String them and open the pods. Slit open the broad beans to check for worms.
- For mature beans slit them open and use only the pods.
- Wash, clean and chop the broad beans.
- Peel, wash and chop the potatoes.
- In a khadai add enough water, chopped broad beans, broad beans pods, chopped potato pieces, salt and turmeric powder and cook till it is done.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and jeera when it splutter, add red dry chilli, curry leaves and chopped onions.
- Saute the onions till it turns translucent. Add red chilli powder.
- Add the cooked potatoes and broad beans and saute for 3- 4 mins on medium flame and then put off the flame.
Broad beans potato fry is ready, serve as side dish for chappatis or rice.