Butterscotch cake is a popular dessert recipe, served during Christmas, New Year and occasions like Birthday. Children devour this yummy cake.
225 gms All purpose flour (maida)
½ tsp Salt
2 tbsp Cocoa powder
225 gms Castor sugar
3 or 4 tbsp Condensed milk
1/4 cup Butter
1 tsp Vanilla essence
Procedure for butterscotch cake:
- Sift the all purpose flour (maida), cocoa and salt together.
- Add the sugar and butter. Mix well.
- Beat the eggs with the condensed milk and vanilla essence.
- Add the cocoa mixture and butter mix to it. Fold all the ingredients in the flour with a light hand.
- Shift the batter into a greased tray lined with butter paper.
- Bake in a moderate oven at 180° C for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove the cake from oven when done.
- Remove the cake on to a plate when set.
- Cover the top with butterscotch frosting.
- Decorate with almonds or cherries or choco chips as for your choice.
Note: Butterscotch frosting is available readymade at some stores or it can be made at home.
½ cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
4 tbsp milk
2 cups powdered sugar
Procedure for butterscotch frosting:
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add brown sugar bring to a boil over low heat for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in milk, bring to boil, stirring constantly.
- Cool to lukewarm. Gradually add powdered sugar. Beat until thick enough to spread.