Carrot Halwa is also known as “ Gajar Ka halwa “ . Gajar ka halwa is a popular dessert inNorth India. It is a quickly prepared sweet.
750 gms Carrots
100 gm Sweetened Condensed milk
2 tbsp Ghee
Handful grated cashew nuts and almonds
2 tsp Cardamom Powder
Procedure of Carrot halwa / Gajar ka halwa :
- Peel, wash and grate the carrots finely.
- Transfer the grated carrots to a pressure cooker.
- Cook for about two minutes.
- Remove the lid from the cooker.
- Allow excess water to evaporate.
- Keep stirring the carrots occasionally.
- Pour milk and ghee over the cooked carrots.
- Simmer till all are well blended.
- Remove from the flame.
- Sprinkle with grated cashew nuts, almonds and cardamom powder.
- Carrot Halwa is ready to serve.
Note: Use 1 glass milk and 200 gm Sugar as an alternative for Sweetened Condensed milk: