Chilli Bajji is also known as “ Mirchi bajji “ . Mirchi bajji is a popular tea time snack inSouth India . This is made and sold in Chaat bandi’s all acrossIndia, near the shopping complexes, streets.
10 Green chillies, preferably big ones
100 gms Chickpea flour
1 tbsp Rice flour
1 Large potato, cooked and mashed
1/2 tbsp Tamarind paste
1 tsp Cumin powder
1 tsp Red chilli powder
1 tsp Ginger paste
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
1 pinch Thymol seed (Ajwain)
1 pinch Asafoetida powder (Heeng)
Salt as per taste
Oil for deep frying
1 tsp Chaat masala powder ( available in packs)
Procedure of Chilli Bajji :
- Combine together the rice flour, chickpea flour, cumin powder, asafoetida powder, red chilli powder, ginger paste, turmeric powder and salt.
- Prepare thick batter using water.
- Slit the chillies keeping its tail-end intact.
- Remove the seeds using a pointed knife.
- Grind tamarind and ajovan to a paste.
- For preparing stuffed chilli bajjis, mix tamarind paste, mashed potato with a little salt.
- Fill the mixture inside each Chilli and close them well.
- Dip the chillis in the batter and deep-fry in the oil. Drain onto a plate
- Sprinkle chilli bajji with “Chaat masala powder” (suggestion- optional)
- Serve Chilli Bajji with tomato sauce or chutney