Chilli Gobhi is a Indo – Chinese recipe. It is prepared using cauliflower. It is used as starters for parties and in restaurants. It is also a yummy evening snack especially on cold evenings. Kids like this recipe for its hot and spicy taste.
Lets go thru the procudure of preparing Restaurant Style Chilli Gobhi:
Cauliflower (Gobhi) 500 gms
Capsicum 100 gms
Red chilli powder 1 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Onions (finely chopped) 2 cups
Garlic (finely chopped) 8 cloves
Tomato (finely chopped) 1/4 cup
Ginger (finely chopped) 1 tbsp
Soy sauce 1 tsp
Tomato sauce 1 tsp
Chilli sauce 1 tsp
Vinegar 1 tsp
Pepper powder 1 tsp
Oil for deep frying
Cornflour 5 tbsp
Maida (all purpose flour) 5 tbsp
Red color a pinch
Salt to taste
Sesame seeds 1 tbsp
Coriander leaves 1 tbsp
Procedure for preparing Chilli Gobhi:
1. Cut the cauliflower into pieces and soak them in lukewarm water to which little salt is add for 10 minutes to remove any dirt or impurties.
2. In a kadai boil cauliflower with 1 cup of water, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and little salt on high flame for 3-4 minutes till the water dries up completely.
3. For the batter – in a vessel add corn flour, maida, little salt, red color and water (approx. 3/4 – 1/2 cup) and mix well.
4. Put the boiled cauliflower pieces into the batter and mix well.
5. Heat oil for deep frying and then add one by one the coated cauliflower pieces and fry. Remove the fired cauliflower pieces on to a kitchen towel to remove excess oil and keep aside.
6. In a kadai heat 1 tbsp oil and add finely chopped ginger and garlic and saute for 2 minutes on medium flame, add onions which is finely chopped lengthwise and fry till it turns transparent, add salt then add chopped capsicum and saute for 2 minutes then add finely chopped tomato and saute for 2 minutes.
7. Add soy sauce and saute, add tomato sauce, chilli sauce and saute for 1 minute. Then add pepper powder and saute finally add the fried cauliflower and the leftover batter if any and saute for 2-3 minutes on high flame. Put off the flame.
8. Transfer the contents into a serving bowl, garnish with sesame seeds and coriander leaves.
Yummy Chilli Gobhi is ready.It goes well with Naan and Vegetable Fried Rice.