Chinese Chicken Fried Rice is an all time favorite main course meal. Usually prepared as a Chinese variety.
2 cups (16 ounces) Rice (cooked)
2 Chicken Breast
2 Eggs (beaten)
1/4 cup (2 ounces) Green Peas
1/4 cup (2 ounces) Sweet Corn Kernels
1/4 cup (2 ounces) Spring Onions
2 tbsp Chilli Sauce
4 tbsp Soya Sauce
1 tbsp Tomato Ketchup (or sauce)
2 large pinches China Salt (Ajinamoto)
3 tbsp Lime Juice
Salt & Black Pepper (Kali Mirch) to taste
2 tsp oil
1 tsp olive oil
Procedure of Chinese Chicken Fried Rice:
- Cook rice separately, cool it in a large pan and keep aside.
- Cut chicken breasts into thin cubes and marinate with salt, pepper and lime juice for 15 minutes.
- In a non-stick cooking pan , pour 1 tbsp olive oil and fry the chicken cubes until they turn slightly brown
- Sauté green peas and corn kernels until they become soft.
- Also saute spring onions till slightly brown.
- Scramble 2 eggs in the pan items.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a deep vessel. Add the fried chicken cubes, peas, corn kernels, scrambled eggs and rice.
- Add china salt, chilli sauce, soya sauce, tomato ketchup and mix them thoroughly.
- Serve hot.
Note: Chinese fried rice tastes good when hot.