Murukku is a favorite snack among all age groups. You can have Murukku as tea time snack or pack for kid’s snack box or you can munch it any time of the day. It is also mainly prepared during festivals in India.
Today I am posting Corn Murukku which is prepared using corn powder, besan, all-purpose flour, peanuts powder and other spices.
Let’s go thru the process of preparing Corn Murukku:
Corn powder 1 cup
White til 1 tbsp
Besan 1 cup
All-purpose flour 1 cup
Peanuts 1 cup
Jeera 1 tsp
Hing a pinch
Red chili powder 1 ½ tsp
Salt to taste
Oil 2 tsp
Oil for deep frying
Procedure for preparing Corn Murukku:
- Roast peanuts in pan. Allow it to cool.
- Grind the peanuts into a fine powder.
- In a bowl add corn powder, besan, all-purpose flour, peanuts powder, white til, jeera, hing, red chili powder, salt and 2 tsp of oil and mix well and make a dough by adding enough water.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying.
- Take a small portion of the dough into the murukku mould and press it into the hot oil while doing so reduce the flame to low.
- Deep fry the mururkkus on both the sides till golden brown.
- Transfer the murukkus into a kitchen tissue paper to remove the excess oil.
- Once cool store the Corn Murukku in an airtight container.
Crispy and tasty Corn Murukku is ready.
Do refer for more Murukku recipes: