Curry leaves powder is good for health as it has many health benefits. Curry leaves powder or Kariveppila podi as it’s called in Malayalam has a nice aroma and taste.
Curry leaves are rich source of iron and folic acid. Curry leaves are also good source of Vitamin A, Vitamin B, Vitamin C and Vitamin E. Curry leaves help your heart function better, fights infection and can enliven your hair and skin with vitality.
Curry leaves powder (Kariveppila podi) is perfect with some ghee and steamed rice. Curry leaves powder is also used for idlis and dosas as side dish; it can be used with some coconut oil which has a good taste. Let’s be back to the recipe.
Curry leaves 4 cups
Channa dal ¼ cup
Urad dal ¼ cup
Asafetida 4 pieces (1/4 “- each piece)
Jeera 2 tsp
Black pepper ¼ cup
Putanal dal ¼ cup
Dry red chilies 7
Par-boiled rice ½ cup
Salt 1 ½ – 2 tsp
Procedure for preparing Curry Leaves Powder:
- Wash the curry leaves, spread them on a towel and allow them to dry.
- Dry roast channa dal, urad dal, jeera, black pepper and asafoetida.
- Dry roast putanal dal.
- Dry roast par – boiled rice and dry red chilies.
- Dry roast the curry leaves.
- Grind firstly dry roasted par-boiled rice and dry red chilies, then add dry roasted channa dal, urad dal, jeera, black pepper and asafeotida and grind to a fine powder, then add roasted putanal dal and grind, then finally add the roasted curry leaves and grind to a fine powder or podi.
Spicy and tasty Curry Leaves Powder – Kariveppila Podi is ready.
- U can increase the spice level according to your preference.