Drumsticks are the favorite veggie among kids. They are healthy and tasty. It is also a rich source of highly digestive proteins, calcium, iron and Vitamin C.
Drumstick is said to be a great blood purifier. We can make several dishes out of drumsticks. Today I am posting a simple, quick to prepare and tasty side dish – Drumstick Fry.
Red chili powder ¾ tsp
Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
Coconut grated 2 tbsp
Mustard seeds ½ tsp
Curry leaves 1 strand
Oil 4 tsp
Salt 1.5 tsp
Procedure for preparing Drumstick Fry:
- Peel and cut the drumsticks in 2 inch pieces. Wash the drumstick pieces.
- Cook the drumstick pieces with ½ tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp salt and 2 cup water on high flame and when it starts boiling reduce the flame to low and cook for 10 minutes or till the drumstick pieces are cooked. Discard the water and keep drumstick pieces aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds when it splutters add curry leaves and onions fry till it turns light brown. Add ½ tsp salt.
- Add red chili powder and fry for 1 minute on low flame.
- Add the cooked drumsticks pieces and fry for 3 – 4 minutes on low flame.
- Add grated coconut and fry for 1 – 2 minutes.
Simple and tasty drumstick fry is ready. It is served with plain rice as a side