Egg Kurma is a popular dish as it can be made quickly. Good combination for Rice, Naan, Roti and chapathi varieties.
4 Boiled Eggs
3 Green Chilies ( Slit in ½)
2 Boiled Potatoes (cut into small pieces)
1 large Onion
3 medium size Tomato
1 tsp Coriander Powder
4 tbsp Coconut Paste (fresh)
1/2 Chili Powder
1 1/2 tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
2 tbsp Yogurt
2 tbsp Poppy Seeds Paste (Khus Khus)
1/2 tsp Garam Masala
1/4 tsp mustard seeds
Coriander Leaves (for garnishing)
Salt ( to taste)
Procedure of Egg Kurma :
- In a wide pan, pre-heat the oil and splutter the mustard seeds.
- Now add the green chilies, chopped onion and fry till slight golden brown.
- Put the chopped tomato, salt, turmeric powder, ginger-garlic paste and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Now, add the garam masala, poppy seeds paste, chili powder, coriander powder and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup water and cook the gravy for 10 minutes in low flame.
- Put the boiled eggs, potatoes and stir it about 3 min.
- Then put the coconut paste, yogurt paste , do keep the flame in low for another 5 min
- Now garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.