Sugarcane Juice Kheer is a popular sweet recipe of Punjab. It is prepared using sugarcane juice and rice. Sugarcane juice has a cooling effect on the body. Sugarcane juice kheer is mostly prepared during harvesting festivals (Lohiri).
Fresh Sugarcane Juice 4 ½ cups
Basmati rice 100 gm
Cardamom powder ½ tsp
Cashew nuts 10
Ghee 2 tsp
- Wash the rice and soak it for 30 minutes.
- In a pan mix sugarcane juice and rice and cook on low flame. Keep stirring occasionally.
- Cook till the sugarcane juice and rice turns smooth or till a thick consistency is achieved. Add cardamom powder and mix well. Put off the flame.
- In another pan heat ghee and fry raisins and cashew nuts. Add this to the kheer.
- Allow it to cool down at the room temperature and then refrigerate it.
Serve Sugarcane Juice Kheer cold.
Do refer for more kheer recipes: