Goan fish curry is a traditional fish curry which is spicy and tasty which goes well with steamed rice. Let’s throu the process of preparing Goan Fish Curry –
Fish 500 gms
Onion (sliced) 1
Oil 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Coconut (grated) 2 cups
Kashmiri red chilli 12
Dry red chilli 10 – 12
Green chilli 4
Whole coriander 1 tbsp
Ginger 1 inch piece
Garlic 6 cloves
Cumin 1 tsp
Aniseeds 3 gms
Pepper powder 1tsp
Coriander leaves (chopped) 1 tbsp
Procedure for preparing Goan Fish Curry:
1. Wash, clean and pat dry the fish.
2. Grind all the ingredient for grinding to a smooth paste.
3. Soak tamarind in 1/2 cup of water for 15 minutes.
4. Heat oil in a fish clay pot. Add onion, turmeric powder and salt, saute till the onions turns transparent then add the ground paste and saute for 3-4 minutes on low to medium flame. Add the tamarind juice and boil for 2-3 minutes then add fish pieces and cook on low flame for 5 minutes. Put off the flame.
5. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Spicy and Tasty Goan Fish Curry is ready serve it with steamed rice.
⦁ U can increase or decrease the spice level according to ur preference.