Vegetables are brimming overflowing with fiber, and also a whole range of vitamins, anti oxidants, minerals and many other protective ingredients. Today, I am posting Green Peas in Mixed vegetable Kurma Curry.
Peas are low in fat, but have lots of proteins, fiber and micro nutrients. It has many anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds which supports healthy blood vessels. Carrots are rich in beta carotene, carrot is good for eyes. It is rich in Vitamin A which prevents premature wrinkling, acne and dry skin. Potato is best known for its Carbohydrate content. It is very low in saturated fat. It is a good source of Vitamin C.
Green Peas in Mixed Vegetable Kurma Curry is a blend of three vegetables (peas, potato and carrot) thus making the curry a healthy and spicy kurma curry. Enjoy preparing this Kurma Curry.
Green Peas (freshly peeled) 1 cup
Potatoes (chopped into small cubes) 2 cups
Carrots (chopped into small cubes) 1 cup
Green chili (chopped) 4
Onion (chopped) 1
Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
Cashew nuts ¼ cup
Coconut grated ¼ cup
Oil 2 tbsp
Mustard seeds ¼ tsp
Ginger (crushed) 1 small piece
Garlic ((crushed) 6 cloves
Onion (chopped) 1
Curry leaves 2 strands
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Red chili powder 1 tsp
Tomato (chopped) 1 big
Garam masala powder ¼ tsp
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves (chopped) 2 tbsp
Procedure for making Green Pea in Mixed Vegetable Kurma Curry:
- Peel and wash the vegetables. Chop potatoes and carrot into small cubes. In a bowl add peeled peas, potatoes, carrot, chopped green chilies and 1 chopped onion to it. Then add turmeric powder, salt and enough water and cook them.
- Grind together cashew nuts and coconut grated into fine paste.
- Heat a khadai or pan. Put oil and add mustard seeds, let them splutter, add crushed ginger and garlic, chopped onion, curry leaves and saute.
- When the onion start turning light brownish add coriander powder and saute for 1 minute, then add red chili powder and saute for 1 mintue, add chopped tomato pieces and saute and close the pan with a lid and let it cook for 2 minutes
- Add the cooked vegetable into it and mix well. When the mixture start boiling, add the ground paste (coconut grated and cashew nuts) to it and mix well and let it simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add garam masala powder and salt (if necessary). Garnish with coriander leaves and turn off the stove.
You can serve this kurma with Chapathi, Puri, Aapam, Dosa etc.