Hyderabadi Mutton Biryani is a popular main course rice variety .The flavors and typical aroma makes it to be the king of all Biryani’s.
½ kg – basmati rice
1 kg – lamb, cubed with bones
1/4 kg – curd
3 tsp – ginger garlic paste
3 – deep fried onions sliced ( medium size)
1 bunch – mint leaves (finely chopped and fried in oil)
1 ½ bunch – coriander leaves( finely chopped )
3 – deep fried green chillies, sliced
1 tsp – garam masala powder
3 – bay leaf ( tej patta)
3 – cloves ( laung)
3 – cinnamon ( dal chini)
3 – cardamom (elaichi)
1/2 tsp – fennel ( saunf)
3 tsp – red chilli powder
1/4 cup – lime juice
3 tsp ghee
a pinch – orange food colour
A pinch – saffron
1/2 cup – milk
2 sliced fresh green chillies (to be added in boiling rice)
1/4 cup – vegetable oil
½ cup – mutton bones stock
Salt ( to taste )
Procedure of Hyderabadi Mutton Biryani:
- Wash and soak rice in water at the ratio 1:2
- Boil 1/2 kg rice in water for 15 min with green chillies and all the raw spices and 1/2 tsb oil.
- Spread on a plate and keep aside.
- Marinate lamb with curd, ginger garlic paste, lime juice, red chiili powder, garam masala powder, salt and deep fried onions, mint and green chillies
- Mix well and keep aside for 1 hour.
- After it is marinated, transfer contents into a pressure cooker, add the oil which was used for deep frying onions.
- Add a lot of coriander leaves, cover and cook the lamb till it is tender.
- Grease another big cooker with refined oil, add the rice layer then the mutton layer till it reaches the top.
- Pour the mutton stock on it then make a paste of milk, ghee, saffron and pour this liquid over the rice.
- Cook it on low for 15 min.
- Serve hot with curd, cucumber and onions salad.