Jamoon or Indian Blackberry is a wonderful seasonal fruit available from June to August. Jamoon is a wonderful fruit for diabetics. Eating jamoon helps keep your blood sugar stable. It also has micronutrients like iron, magnesium, phosphorous, sodium, Vitamin B and Vitamin C. It also aids digestion.
Today I am posting how to prepare tasty and nutritious Jamoon Ka Sharbat:
Jamoon ½ Kg
Water 3 cups
Sugar 1 cup
Salt a pinch
Lime juice 2 tbsp
Procedure for preparing Jamoon Ka Sharbat:
- Wash the jamoons in salt water 2 – 3 times to remove the dirt.
- In a vessel boil jamoon with 3 cups of water. Once it is boiled reduced the flame to low and cook for 7 – 8 minutes. Put off the flame.
- When cool squeeze the fruit and sieve it. Discard the remaining pulp and seeds.
- Add sugar, salt, lime juice and mix well.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Pour the sharbat into serving glass.
Yummy! Jamoon Ka Sharbat is ready to be served.
- You can increase or decrease the sugar according to your taste.
Do refer my other post for jamoon recipe:
- JAMOON TENDER COCONUT SMOOTHIE