Jeera Pulao is a popular rice variety. Quickly prepared and good for health. Goes well with paneer curry, non vegetarian curries with gravy.
3 tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
2 cups Rice (Basmati variety)
3 Bay Leaves
3 tbsp Cashew Nuts
4 Whole Peppercorns
1 Onion (finely sliced)
2 cms Cinnamon Stick
3 tbsp Clarified Butter (Ghee)
Salt (to taste)
Procedure of Jeera Pulao:
- In a utensil wash the rice and soak it in water for an hour.
- At medium heat place a thick bottomed wide pan and add the ghee.
- When the ghee heats up, add the cashew nuts and stir till golden brown. Remove from oil and keep aside.
- Add to the ghee other ingredients like cloves, bay leaves, cumin seeds, cinnamon stick and peppercorns.
- Stir and immediately add rice, salt and water and stir.
- Cover the pan and simmer it for 15 minutes. For the next 5 mins place on low flame or when it is done.