Koat Pitha is a traditional dish of Assam. It is also prepared during Bihu. Koat Pitha is deep fried fritters with rice flour, jaggery and banana. It is very flavorful with a crispy outer and soft inner.
Let’s go thru the yummy Koat Pitha Recipe:
Rice flour 1 cup
Ripe banana 2
Jaggery 1/3 cup
Salt to taste
Water ¼ cup
Oil for deep frying
Procedure for preparing KOAT PITHA RECIPE:
- In a bowl melt the jaggery with water. Once the jaggery is boiled strain it to remove impurities.
- Again boil the jaggery syrup to a thick syrup (no need of string consistency). Put off the flame.
- Mash the banana in a bowl or grinder.
- In a bowl add jaggery syrup, mashed banana, rice flour and salt and mix well. It should be of thick dropping consistency.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium flame. Make small rounds with batter with a help of spoon or hand into the oil.
- Fry it till it becomes golden and drain it on a paper towel.
Yummy Koat Pitha is ready.
- Always fry Koat Pitha on medium flame otherwise it may turn dark without cooking.