Malai Kofta is a popular North Indian side dish. This popular curry is served along with main course vegetarian meal or Roti varieties.
150 gms Cottage cheese
3 medium tomatoes
¼ cup Cashewnuts
2 tbsp Melon seeds (magaz)
1 tbsp Poppy seeds (khuskhus)
1 tbsp Ginger (chopped)
2 nos Green cardamoms
1 tbsp Red chilli powder
¼ cup Yogurt
¼ tbsp Green cardamom powder
2 tsp Refined flour (maida)
2 tbsp Fresh cream
¼ tsp Garam masala powder
1 tbsp Oil
Salt ( to taste)
Procedure of Malai Kofta :
- In a pressure cooker add chopped tomatoes ,cashewnuts, melon seeds, poppy seeds, ginger, green cardamoms, red chilli powder, salt and 1 tbsp oil and mix well.
- Add yogurt to this mix. Stir well.
- Add 1 cup water and close the cooker with the lid. Cook under pressure till 4 whistles.
- Heat sufficient oil in a flat wide pan. Grate cottage cheese into a bowl.
- Add green cardamom powder, salt, flour and mix well. Take small portions and shape into koftas.
- Deep fry these koftas till golden. Drain and place on tissue paper.
- Once the pressure reduces, open the lid of the cooker and blend the mixture with a hand blender.
- Strain the mixture and pour into another non-stick pan and heat. Add a little cream and garam masala powder and mix.
- Arrange the koftas in a serving bowl, pour the gravy over, drizzle a little cream and serve immediately.