Mutter Paneer Masala is a popular North Indian dish . A good combination with Roti and Rice.
500 gms Shelled Mutter (green peas)
3 medium Onions (chopped)
8 cloves Garlic (crushed)
2 tbsp grated Ginger
2 Green Chilies (chopped)
250gms Tomatoes (peeled and sliced)
1 cup curd (plain Yogurt)
1 tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tbsp Coriander Seeds
2 cups Water
1/2 cup Ghee / Vegetable oil
Salt (to taste)
Garam Masala Powder
Chopped coriander Leaves
Procedure of Mutter Paneer Masala:
- Make a paste by grinding together half the onions, garlic and coriander seeds.
- Heat the ghee in a frying pan and cut the paneer into 1-inch cubes.
- Fry the paneer to a light brown. Remove to drain on a plate.
- Add the remaining onion and the ginger to the ghee / oil in a pan and add the bay leaves and fry until the onion is golden brown.
- Add the turmeric and the paste mixture and fry until the ghee starts to separate.
- Add the paneer and mutter (peas) along with the yogurt, chilli, tomato and salt. Stir for 5-6 minutes over low heat.
- Pour in the water and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with garam masala and coriander leaves. Serve the Mutter Paneer Masala.