Meethi Seviyan is a sweet dessert usually prepared during Eid. It is prepared using seviyan (thin vermicelli), milk, ghee, sugar and dry fruits. It is easy and quick recipe.
Let’s go thru the process of preparing Meethi Seviyan:
Seviyan (thin vermicelli) 1 cup
Milk 1 ½ cup
Ghee 2 tbsp
Sugar ½ cup
Cardamom powder ¼ tsp
Cashew nuts 7
magaz seeds 15
Dry dates 3
Salt a pinch
Procedure for preparing Meethi Seviyan:
- Soak the dry dates in little warm milk for about 10 minutes and then chop them.
- In a pan heat 1 tbsp of ghee and add seviyan and fry on low flame till it changes its color to light brown. Keep it aside.
- In the same pan add 1 tbsp of ghee and fry cashew nuts, almonds, raisins, pista, magaz seeds and dates separately. Keep the fried dry fruits aside.
- In the same pan add fried seviyan, sugar and milk and cook on low flame till the milk completely evaporates and the seviyan is cooked.
- Add cardamom powder and stir well. Put off the flame.
- Garnish with fried dry fruits.
Yummy! Meethi Seviyan is ready. Serve hot or cold.