Mutton Liver Fry is a highly nutritious recipe and tasty recipe. There are different methods of preparing Mutton Liver Fry. Today I am posting Mutton Liver Fry in Kerala Style which uses pepper as one of the main ingredients. Let’s go thru the recipe:
Mutton liver 500 gms
Red chili powder 1 tsp
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Ginger – garlic paste 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder ½ tsp
Water 2 tbsp
Curry leaves 3 strands
Oil 2 tbsp
For dry roasting:
Pepper 2 tsp
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Saunf 1 tsp
Garam masala powder 1 tsp
- Wash and clean the liver pieces.
- Dry roast pepper, cumin seeds, saunf till it changes its color to light brown and you get a nice aroma. Keep stirring continuously, put off the flame. Allow it to cool. Grind it into a fine powder.
- In pan heat 2 tbsp oil add to it chopped onions and curry leaves and fry till the onions turn light brown.
- Add ginger – garlic paste and fry till the raw smell disappears.
- Now add coriander powder, turmeric powder and sauté. Then add red chilli powder and sauté.
- Add the mutton liver pieces and 2 tbsp water and stir well. Close the lid and allow it to cook for 5 minutes or till it boils on high flame. Keep stirring. Reduce the flame to medium and close the lid allow it to cook, keep stirring occasionally.
- When it is ¾ done add the roasted pepper – cumin seeds – saunf powder and stir well.
- Add garam masala powder and stir well. Keep stirring continuously so that it does not get burnt at bottom.
- Cook till the water evaporates and the liver is done.
Yummy! Kerala Mutton Liver is done.
- You can increase the spice levels
Do refer for more mutton recipes: