Mysore Bonda using maida is a tasty, simple and easy to make snacks. It can be had for breakfast or as an evening snack. Mysore Bonda is popular in Karnataka. Mysore Bonda can be prepared in two methods. One is using urad dal and the other is using maida. Today I am posting Mysore Bonda using Maida.
Maida 2 cups
Rice flour ½ cup
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Water ¼ cup
Coconut pieces 1 tbsp
Onions (chopped) 2
Green chilies (chopped) 1 tbsp
Baking soda ½ tsp
Ginger 1 tsp
Curd (sour) 1 cup
Coriander leaves ¼ cup
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
Procedure for preparing Mysore Bonda with Maida – Maida Bonda:
- In a bowl mix maida, rice flour, baking soda, cumin seeds, coconut pieces, onions, curd, ginger, green chilies, coriander leaves and salt and mix it well.
- Add water little by little to get a vada consistency and mix well. Keep it side for ½ hour.
- Heat oil for deep frying in a pan. Mix the batter once again (it will be fluffy) using fingers take small balls out of the batter and slowly and carefully drop it into the hot oil.
- Fry the bondas on both sides till golden brown in color.
- Transfer the bondas into kitchen tissue paper to absorb the oil.
- You can serve it with coconut chutney or tomato ketchup.
Yummy! Mysore Bonda using Maida is ready.
Do refer for more Maida Recipes: