Nellore in Andhra Pradesh is famous for its rich seafood, as it is located on the banks of River Penna.
As the season of mangoes has started, we usually start preparing recipes with raw mangoes whether its curry, juice, chutney, or dessert etc. Today I am posting Nellore Fish Curry with Raw Mango which is spicy and tangy fish curry.
Let’s go thru the recipe:
Saunf 4 tsp
Jeera/cumin seeds 4 tsp
Mustard seeds 2 tsp
Methi seeds 2tsp
Curry leaves 1 strand
Turmeric powder 2 tsp
Red chili powder 4 tsp
Green chilies 5
Tamarind juice ½ cup
Raw mango ½ cup
Oil 6 tsp
Fish 400 gm
Water 1 cup
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves 1 tbsp
Procedure for preparing Nellore Fish Curry with Raw Mango:
- Heat oil in a pan or clay pot and temper with mustard seeds, cumin, saunf, methi seeds, curry leaves and silt green chilies.
- Fry on low heat till the methi seeds turn its color to dark brown.
- Add sliced onions and fry until they turn light brown.
- Make a puree of 3 tomatoes in a blender.
- Meanwhile prepare a mixture of tomato puree, red chili powder, turmeric powder, tamarind juice and mix well.
- Add this mixture to the fried onions and 1 cup of water and mix well.
- Add the sliced raw mango and mix well. Cook until the oil separates.
- Add fish pieces and cook in the gravy for 3 – 4 minutes on medium to low flame.
- Add salt and mix well. Put off the flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Spicy and Tangy Nellore Fish Curry with Raw Mango is ready to be served. It goes well with rice, roti and bread.
Do refer for more fish recipes:
TELANGANA STYLE CHEPALA PULUSU
ANDHRA CHEPALA IGURU