Neyyithi puri is one of the most famous puris of Rayalaseema. This is a sweet dish as more ghee (neyyi) is used to prepare these puris. So this dish is called Neyyithi Puri.
Maida ½ kg
Sugar 1 cup
Ghee 100 gms
Salt a pinch
Oil for deep frying
Procedure for preparing Neyyithi Puri:
- In a bowl, mix maida, salt and enough water to make a soft dough. Cover it for 15 mins.
- Grind sugar and cardamom together till you get a nice aroma of the powder.
- Make small balls of the dough, with the rolling pin make small round puris shape.
- In kadhai heat oil for deep frying, to know the oil is heated you can drop small pieces of dough into it. Immediately the dough piece rises in the oil, then you can put the round puri shape that you made into the oil.
- Deep fry on both the sides and place it on Kitchen paper.
- In a plate take the puri, when it is until warm. On the top of it spread ½ tsp of ghee (neyyi) on it with the help of a spoon.
- Then sprinkle sugar cardamom powder on it, then immediately place another puri on it and continue the same procedure of topping for all the puris.
Delicious Neyyithi Puri is ready to eat.