Palak Paneer is a popular side dish . Frequently prepared in North India. A good combination with roti and fried rice.
1/2 kg Spinach
100 gm Paneer
1 Onion (finey chopped)
1/4 tsp Black pepper powder
3/4 tsp Ginger-garlic paste
1/2 tsp Green chilli paste
3 tbsp Butter
2 or 3 Bay Leaves
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
3 tbspVegetable oil
Salt (to taste)
Procedure of Palak Paneer:
- Mix green chilli paste and ginger-garlic paste with spinach. Add little water.
- Pressure-cook the above mixture for 7 to 8 minutes. Remove before the first whistle.
- Cut paneer into small cube shaped pieces. Keep aside few cubes for decoration.
- Heat 3 tbsp vegetable oil in a frying pan.
- Fry the paneer cubes on a medium flame till they become light brown. Remove from pan and keep aside.
- Take butter, heat it.
- Add bay leaves and cumin for frying.
- Add finely chopped onions and fry again until they are transparent.
- Add garam masala powder, black pepper powder and salt. Mix well.
- Now add fried paneer and cooked spinach. Mix them properly.
- Cook palak paneer on a medium flame for 10 mins.
- Garnish with finely grated paneer pieces .
- Palak Paneer is ready to serve.