Pani Puri is a popular snack ofNorth India .Also known as “ Gol Goppa ”. This is made and sold in Chaat bandi’s all acrossIndia, near the shopping complexes, streets.
1 cup Rava (Bombay variety)
1 tbsp Maida (All purpose flour)
1/4 tbsp Baking Soda (cooking soda)
1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
2 tsp Cumin powder
1 tsp Kala namak
2 tbsp Tamarind pulp
200 gm Sprouts (boiled)
150 gms Potatoes (boiled)
1/2 cup Coriander leaves
1 Cup mint leaves
1 green chilly
1 Onion (medium size ) chopped into fine pieces
Oil for frying
Procedure of Pani Puri :
- Mix Rava, Maida, Soda and salt to make dough.
- Keep it covered by a wet cloth for sometime.
- Make circle like rolls from the dough and place them in a damp cloth.
- Heat oil and fry dough circles till it turns golden brown.
- Puri is ready.
- Grind mint leaves, green chilly and coriander leaves to make a paste.
- Mix red chilli powder, cumin powder, kala namak, tamarind pulp and salt well.
- Add mint coriander paste to the mixture.
- Add 4 cups water to this mixture.( Suggested to add 1 tsp of pani puri masala available in packs)
- Separately mash the potatoes and add sprouts, red chilli powder, tomato ketchup and salt.
- Mix it well.
- Make a hole in puri and stuff the potato mixture into it.
- Dip stuffed Golgappe in prepared masala water and serve on a plate
- This is instantly dipped and taken directly to the mouth as the masala water keeps dripping from the golgappe