Pappulo Undrallu is a traditional Andhra Sweet Recipe. Pappulo Undrallu is one of the naivedyam recipes offered to Lord Ganesha on Vinayaka Chaturthi. Pappulo Undrallu is prepared with moong dal, rice flour, jaggery, coconut and milk.
Rice flour ½ cup
Jaggery (grated) ½ cup
Water 1 cup
Salt a pinch
Ghee 1 tsp
Moong dal ½ cup
Fresh coconut (grated) ¼ cup
Milk 1/3 cup
Jaggery (grated) ¾ cup
Cardamom powder ¼ tsp
Procedure for preparing Pappulo Undrallu:
To prepare Undrallu:
- In a vessel add water, salt and ghee and let it come to a boil.
- Reduce the flame, once the water boils add jaggery and rice flour. Stir it and cook on medium flame for 5 – 6 minutes and put off the flame. Allow it to cool.
- After 5 minutes knead the dough well. Make small balls out of the dough. If the dough keeps sticking to your hand, smear little oil or ghee to your palms and continue making balls.
- After finishing making the balls. Keep it aside.
To prepare Moong Dal Payasam:
- Soak moong dal in water for 15 minutes. Pressure cook moong dal or cook it on stove until it is cooked very soft.
- Boil ½ cup of water and add jaggery and cook it on low flame until the jaggery is melted.
- Add the mashed moong dal to it and mix well and bring the mixture to boil. If required, you can add more water to it if the consistency is thick. Do not make it too thin. Reduce the flame to low and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the rice dumplings and grated coconut into the mixture and boil and reduce the flame to low and cook for 7 – 8 minutes or till the balls are cooked well.
- Add milk and mix well and cook on low flame for another 5 minutes.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well. Put off the flame.
Pappulo Undrallu is ready.
Do refer for more Vinayaka Chaturithi Recipes: