Peanut Chutney is popular chutney among South Indians. A good combination with Idli, Dosa, etc.
1/2 cup peanut (Groundnut / Moongfalee )
¼ cup coconut (fresh grated)
3-4 green chilies ( diced)
1 small onion (medium) finely chopped
few coriander leaves
1 tsp cumin powder (jeera)
3 tbsp jaggery (gud)
¼ tsp mustard seeds ( rai)
2 dry red chilli
Salt (to taste)
Procedure of Peanut chutney:
- Fry peanuts and remove the skin. .
- Heat oil in a pan, add green chilies, cumin seeds, garlic , onions. Sauté over low flame. Keep aside to cool.
- Grind together peanuts, coconut, salt, jaggery and the fried ingredients to form a coarse paste.
- Season with mustard and dry red chillies. Spread this on the chutney.
- Add lemon juice prior to serving.