Today I am posting mixed vegetable curry using potlakaya (snake gourd), sorakaya (bottle gourd) and bangaladumpa (potato). It is very tasty as well as healthy curry which can be served with roti or plain rice and rasam or sambar.
Potlakaya (snake gourd) 1 cup
Sorakaya (bottle gourd) 1 cup
Bangaladumpa (potato) 1 cup
Green chilies 4
Turmeric powder ½ tsp
Red chili powder ¾ tsp
Garam masala powder ¾ tsp
Ginger 1” piece
Coconut grated ¼ cup
Salt to taste
Oil 3 tsp
Procedure for preparing Potlakaya Sorakaya Bangaladump Kura:
- Peel potlakaya (snake gourd), sorakaya (bottle gourd) and bangaladumpa (potato).
- Wash the vegetables after peeling the skin and chop them into small pieces.
- Chop the onions, tomatoes and ginger (should be finely chopped).
- Slit the green chilies.
- Heat oil in a pan add onions, green chilies and ginger and fry till onions turn pinkish.
- Add chopped potlakaya, sorakaya and bangaladumpa and mix well and allow it to cook on low flame. Close the lid.
- Keep stirring in between. When the veggies are half cooked, add finely chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, salt, red chili powder and mix well and cook till it is done.
- Meanwhile grind the grated coconut into fine paste.
- Add the ground coconut paste to the curry and cook for 1 minutes. Add garam masala powder and stir well. Cook for ½ a minute. Put off the flame.
Delicious, spicy and sweet Potlakaya Sorakaya Bangaladumpa Kura is ready. It goes well with roti or plain rice.
- U can increase the spice level according to your preference.
Do refer for more recipes: