IT’S JACKFRUIT SEASON – So toady I would like to share Raw Jackfruit Cutlet Recipe.
Tender jackfruit is steamed and then shredded and then combined with boiled potatoes and spices and shaped into cutlets. They’re breaded and fried, so they’re crispy on the outside with a soft but meaty texture on the inside.
It is served as a tea time snack or as a starter. Let’s move on to the recipe.
Raw tender Jackfruit 1
Onion (chopped) 1
Green chilies 4
Red chili powder 1 tsp
Ginger – garlic paste 1 tsp
Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
Garam masala 1 tsp
Besan /gram flour ¼ cup
Bread crumbs 2 cups
Salt to taste
Oil as required
Procedure for preparing Raw Jackfruit Cutlet:
- Remove the skin of jackfruit and cut into small cubes.
- Cook the jackfruit pieces by adding salt, little water, and turmeric powder in a pressure cooker for 10 minutes.
- When it cools down take out the jackfruit pieces and smash them.
- In a mixing bowl add the smashed jackfruit, boiled potatoes, chopped onions, chopped green chilies, red chili powder, ginger – garlic paste, garam masala powder, besan, and salt and mix well.
- Divide into equal sized balls and flatten into round shape or shape into oval cutlets. I have shaped the cutlets into round shape.
- Roll it over the bread crumbs and shallow fry or deep fry it in oil until it is dark brown in color. I have deep fried the cutlets.
- Remove it onto a plate lined with a kitchen towel/ paper.
Yummy Raw Jackfruit Cutlet is ready. Serve it hot with some tomato ketchup.
- Apply coconut oil or any vegetable oil on hands and on the knife before peeling the jackfruit and cutting them into pieces because the fruit contains a lot of sticky latex. This method prevents the latex from sticking to your hands and on the knife.
Do refer my other Jackfruit recipes: