Samosa is a popular tea time snack ofNorth India . It comes in several varieties of fillings- sweet and chatpati. This is made and sold in Chaat bandi’s all acrossIndia, near the shopping complexes, streets.
1 Cup all purpose flour
2 tsp Butter
1/2 Cup chopped onions
1 Cup boiled, peeled and chopped potatoes
1/2 Cup peas
1 Green chilli
1/2 tsp Ginger (crushed)
1/4 Cup chopped cilantro leaves
1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
1/4 tsp Baking soda
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
Procedure of Samosa :
- Boil, peel and chop the potatoes.
- Make a liquid of ½ cup water and all purpose flour in a bowl.
- Take two tablespoons of oil in a pan and heat it.
- Add onions and chopped green chilli to it.
- Add peas to it after frying for two minutes.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes and add crushed ginger paste, salt, red chilli powder and chopped potatoes at last.
- Mix above ingredients well after turning off the heat.
- Mix up all purpose flour, salt, baking soda and butter and make strong dough.
- Make small balls of the dough and roll into thin circles of 5-6 inches.
- Cut into half with the help of knife.
- Smear liquid of all purpose flour and water on the sides and shape into cones.
- Fill the cooked potato mix in the cones and close the sides.
- Now heat the oil in a frying pan and when it is hot enough, put the samosas in it.
- Fry them on medium heat till they turn golden brown.
- Samosas are ready.
- Serve them with chutney or tomato sauce