Tomato curry is one of the simple and easiest curry that can be prepared with less and easily available ingredients and in less time.
Today I am posting this simple and easy to prepare tomato curry with coconut gravy. This tomato curry has a tangy and spicy taste as the main ingredients are tomatoes with coconut gravy.
Try this simple and easy to prepared tomato curry:
Red chilli powder 1 tsp
Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
Water 2 cups
Coconut grated ½ cup
Jeera ½ tsp
Mustard seeds ½ tsp
Jeera ½ tsp
Dry red chilies 2
Curry leaves 1 strand
Oil 3 tsp
Procedure for preparing Simple Tomato Curry with Coconut Gravy:
- Wash and chop the tomatoes into long pieces.
- Chop the onions into long pieces.
- In a vessel add 2 cups of water. Add to it tomato pieces, onions, red chili powder, turmeric powder, salt and boil it. Put the flame to low and cook for 5 minutes.
- Grind the coconut grated and jeera into fine paste.
- Add the ground paste to the tomato curry and cook for 2-3 minutes or till the curry boils. Immediately put off the flame.
- In pan, heat oil add to it mustard seeds and cumin seeds when it starts to splutter add dry red chilies and curry leaves and fry for ½ a minute. Put off the flame.
- Add the seasoning to the curry.
Tangy and Simple Tomato Curry is ready. It goes well with hot rice and rotis.