Sweet corn is a healthy vegetable which has a great source of vitamins, minerals and dietary fibre.
Today I am posting a sweet corn vada which is prepared using sweet corn, channa dal and other spices. In my previous posts I have posted vada prepared using sweet corn and sago.
It is a yummy, crunchy and spicy vada which can be enjoyed during rainy and winter seasons.
Sweet corn 1 cup
Channa dal ½ cup
Cashew nuts ½ cup
Coriander leaves 1 bunch
Lime juice 2 tsp
Coconut grated 2 tbsp
Green chilies 6
Red chili powder ½ tsp
Ginger ½ pieces
Rice flour 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
- Soak channa dal in water for 1 hour.
- Grind the channa dal, cashew nuts, green chillies and ginger to a coarse paste by adding about 1 tbsp of water.
- Transfer the coarse paste into a bowl. Add to it corn, coriander leaves, lime juice, coconut grated, rice flour, red chili powder, salt and finely chopped onions and mix well.
- Grease your palms with little oil and make small balls out of the batter and shape them like vadas.
- Heat oil in a kadai for deep frying. Slowly add the vadas into the hot oil and fry them on both the sides till golden brown.
- Serve it with chutney or tomato ketchup.
- Use fresh corn kernels for better taste and flavor.
- U can add little more rice powder to the vada mix for proper blending.
Do refer for more corn recipes: