Pudina rice is a very flavourable rice recipe made with mint leaves. Pudina rice is easily digestible and also enhances appetite. It`s good to pack for lunch. Kids just love its tangy taste.
2 Cups Pudina Leaves (washed and cleaned)
10 Cloves of Garlic
2 Green chilli
¼ tsp Ajwain
¼ tsp Jeera (Cumin seeds )
2 strands Curry Leaves
¼ tsp Turmeric powder
1tbsp Salt (or as required)
1 Small lemon sized ball of Tamarind
Water as required
Procedure for Pudina Rice :
- Grind pudina leaves, onion, garlic, green chillies, jeera, curry leaves to a fine paste by adding some water.
- Soak tamarind in ¼ cup of water.
- Heat oil in a pan put the ajwain and fry for 30 seconds and put the paste, add tamarind pulp, turmeric powder and salt. Put the stove on low flame and let the mixture simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cooked rice to it and mix well.
- Chatpat pudina rice is ready.
You can serve it with spicy mixed vegetable fry.