Telangana Doraga Karam Podi is prepared using dry red chillies and other spices. It is also called Doraga Karam Podi because red chillies are sauted in hot oil. It is a spicy and tasty Podi or powder which is served with ghee and hot rice or served on top of idli or dosa. It is especially good remedy for cold and fever during winters as we could like to have some spicy podis or foods during winters.
Dry Red Chillies 30
Black pepper 12
Garlic 6 cloves
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Channa dal 1 tbsp
Urad dal 1 tbsp
Oil 3 tsp
- In a kadhai dry roast channa dal, urad dal, cumin seeds, garlic and black pepper till they change their color to light brown. Put off the flame. Transfer the contents to a plate.
- In the same kadhai heat 3 tsp oil and add dry red chillies. Fry the chillies sautéing continuously till it changes its color to dark maroon. Put off the flame and transfer the contents to a plate and allow it to cool.
- Grind together step 1 and step 2 into a coarse powder.
- When cool transfer into an airtight glass jar. Serve with steaming hot rice using ghee. Serve it with idli or dosa with oil or just top it on idli or dosa.
- You can decrease the quantity of dry red chillies according to your preference.
Do refer for more Podi recipes: