Telangana Mutton Curry is a hot, spicy and delicious mutton curry. It is packed with full of spices and flavor. It goes well with plain rice, biriyani, roti or any Indian bread.
Let’s go thru the process of preparing Telangana Mutton Curry:
Mutton 1 kg
Onions (chopped) 3
Green chilies (slit) 10
Ginger – garlic paste 3 tsp
Coriander powder 5 tsp
Red chili powder 3 tsp
Turmeric powder ½ tsp
Tomatoes (chopped) 2
Salt to taste
Oil 2 tbsp
Water 1 cup
For grinding – masala:
Dal chini (patta) 4
Black pepper 5
Star aniseed ½
Grated fresh coconut/
Grated dry coconut ½ cup
Coriander leaves 2 tbsp
Mint leaves 10 – 12
Procedure for preparing Telangana Mutton Curry:
- Wash and clean the mutton pieces.
- Grind all the ingredients under masala using little water into a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Then add onions and green chilies and fry till it turns brownish.
- Add ginger – garlic paste and saute for 3 – 4 minutes till the raw smell disappears.
- Add coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder and salt and saute it well for 1 – 2 minutes on medium to low flame.
- Add chopped tomatoes and mix well and cook till the tomatoes turn soft.
- Add 1 cup of water and mix well, allow it to boil, then add ground masala paste and mix well. Cook for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add mutton pieces and mix well. Now close the pressure cooker lid and cook on high flame but do not put the whistle.
- Allow the steam to come out nicely. Then put the whistle on the pressure cooker and allow the 1st whistle to come out, then reduce the flame to low and cook for 9 minutes. Put off the flame.
- After about 10 – 15 minutes open the pressure cooker lid and mix the curry well.
- Garnish with mint and coriander leaves.
Delicious and tasty Telangana Mutton Curry is ready to served. It goes well with plain rice, biriyani or any Indian bread.
- You can increase or decrease the spice levels according to your preference.
Do refer for more Telangana non-veg recipes: