Tomato Chutney is also known as Tamatar ki chutney. Famous and a favorite chutney among South Indians. A good combination with rice, khichdi etc.
6 to 8 large cloves garlic (finely chopped )
1/4 cup onion (finely chopped )
2 dry red chilies, soaked
1 cup tomatoes, finely chopped
1 tbsp coriander finely chopped
1 tsp oil
salt (to taste)
Procedure of Tomato chutney
- Drain the soaked chillies and chop them finely.
- Heat the oil, add the onions and garlic and sauté over a slow flame for 4 to 5 minutes till they are lightly brown.
- Add the chillies and salt and sauté again.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for 10 to 12 minutes over a slow flame till the tomatoes are soft and can be mashed lightly.
- Cool completely and add the coriander leaves and mix well.
- Serve tomato chutney with hot rice or khichdi