Vada Pappu is prepared as neivedyam/prasadam and offered to God on occasions like Sri Rama Navami, ganesh chaturthi, Durga puja etc. Vada Pappu is the salad that is prepared with soaked split yellow moong dal which is good during the hot summers and it’s also a healthy diet.
Moong dal/Pesara pappu 1 cup
Coconut (grated) 3 tbsp
Green chilies (finely chopped) 2
Lemon juice 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves (chopped) 1 tbsp
Procedure for preparing Vada Pappu:
- Moong dal should be soaked for 30 minutes in warm water or for 1 hour in water and drained.
- In a bowl add soaked moong dal, grated coconut, green chilies, lemon juice, salt and chopped coriander leaves.
- Mix well and offer as neivedyam/prasadam for God.
- You can add finely chopped cucumber to Vada Pappu.
- You can add grated carrot to Vada Pappu.