Naaranga Achar is a traditional Kerala Sadhya Recipe that is usually prepared during Onam, Vishu and important occasions. It is prepared using Vadukapuli Naranga / Wild Lemon which is sour and juicy.
Today I am posting Vadukapuli Naaranga Achar which is prepared without using oil. Let’s go thru the process of preparing Vadukapuli Naaranga Achar:
Vadukapuli Naranga / Wild Lemon 1 medium-sized
Green chilies 7
Curry leaves 8 strands
Red chili powder 2 tsp
Methi seeds / fenugreek leaves 1 tsp
Hing (block)/asafetida ½ “
Procedure for preparing Vadukapuli Naranga Achar:
- Wash and wipe dry Vadukapuli Naranga. Deseed the Naranga and cut into small pieces.
- Chop the green chilies.
- In a kadhai dry roast methi seeds and hing block on low flame till the methi seeds change its color too dark brown. Put off the flame.
- When cool, grind it into a fine powder.
- In a bowl add Vadukapuli pieces, green chilies, curry leaves, red chili powder, salt and ground powder (methi seeds and hing block) and mix well. Close with a lid and keep it aside for 5 – 6 hour or leave overnight and use next day.
- By now the Naranga pieces will get set with the spices and flower.
- Fill the pickle in a glass jar and keep refrigerated for a longer shelf life.
Do refer for more ACHAR recipes:
INSTANT CUT MANGO PICKLE