Vegetable Biryani is a popular main course rice variety It goes well with raita and pickle. You’’ enjoy the unique taste and fine aroma..
2 cups Basmati Rice
1 cup Mixed Vgetable (cauliflower, potato, carrot, french beans)
150 gms Green Peas
3 Finely Sliced Onion
2 Finely Sliced Green Chillies
Salt to taste
1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
2 tsp Cinnamon(dalchini),
4 Cloves (laung)
1/2 tsp Black Pepper Powder
1/2 cup Yogurt (curd)
4 tbsp Vegetable Oil
1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
3 tbsp Dry Fruits (cashew nuts, raisin)
Procedure of Vegetable Biryani:
- Wash the basmati rice well before cooking. Then take rice with 3 ¾ cup water and a little salt added to it and 2 tbsp of dry fruits. Cook it in pressure cooker or in a pan or microwave.
- Cut all the vegetables into small thin pieces and fry each one of it separately in oil. Fry the green peas also.
- Take 1 tbsp oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, green chilli, cinnamon and caraway seeds powder, cloves, black pepper powder and stir for about half minute. Then add onions and saute them for a minute or till they get pink in color.
- Add salt and red chilli powder and stir.
- Add fine chopped tomatoes and fry till they are properly cooked.
- Take the yogurt and make it fine by putting in a blender for just 2 rotations. Add this fine yogurt and stir well. Heat it for about 10 seconds.
- Add all the fried vegetables.
- Add the cooked rice and mix well with very light hands so that the rice grain doesn’t break. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Take this vegetable biryani out in a rice serving dish.
- Garnish with dry fruits and green coriander leaves.
- Serve the vegetable biryani hot with raita and pickle.