Venna/ Butter Burfi is a soft, smooth and delicious burfi. Venna Burfi is prepared using homemade venna/ butter, sugar, milk powder and maida.
Let`s go thru the process of preparing Venna / Butter Burfi:
Venna/ butter 1 cup
Sugar ¾ cup
Milk powder ½ cup
Ghee 1 tsp
Maida/all-purpose flour 2 tsp
Procedure for preparing VENNA BURFI – BUTTER BURFI:
- In a pan add venna/butter, milk powder, sugar and maida and mix well and cook on medium flame. Keep stirring.
- Once it starts bubbling reduce the flame too low to medium and keep stirring so that it does not get burnt down.
- Keep stirring till the mixture thickens and leaves the side of the pan. Put off the flame.
- Meanwhile, grease a tray with 1 tsp of ghee.
- Now transfer the burfi mixture into the tray and spread it equally with a spoon. Allow it to cool.
- When cool cut it into desired shapes.
- You can garnish with dry fruits. I didn’t garnish the burfi.
Soft and smooth Venna/Butter Burfi is ready.
Do refer for more burfi recipes: