Amla or Indian Gooseberry is considered as one of the most popular herbs for improving our health and well-being. According to Ayurveda regular consumption of amla balances all the doshas of the body – vata, pitta and kapha.
Amla is rich in vitamin – C and contains anti-oxidants, fibre and minerals like calcium and phosphorus.
In India, this sour fruit is used for many purpose – ranging from making pickles, chutneys, jams, murabba and candy to making a healthy juice out of it.
Drinking amla juice is the easiest way to benefit from this super food. Amla juice is a healthy drink as it is a store house of vitamin C and other nutrients which provide an array of health and beauty benefits.
Benefits of Amla Juice:
- Relieves Asthma and Bronchitis: Take 2 tsp of fresh alma juice with honey twice a day helps in taking out the phlegm and controls cough. It also eases asthma and bronchitis.
- Relieves from dry cough: Licking amla powder with honey regularly twice or thrice a day also cures chronic dry cough.
- Amla Juice as beautifying agent: Drinking Amla juice mixed with honey in the morning makes the complexion glowing and blemish less.
- Cooling agent: Taking sherbet of amla in summer keeps the body cool even in the height of summer.
- Relieves constipation: Amla juice regulates bowel movements and treats chronic constipation.
- Amla juice is a blood purifier: Regular intake of amla juice purifies your blood as well as increases hemoglobin and red blood cell count.
- Urination or urinary tract cleanliness: Try to take 30 ml of amla juice twice daily to get the relief from burning urination.
- Lower osteroclasts: People who suffer from bone and calcium problems should consume amla. As amla juice lowers the osteroclasts – the cells which break down the bones.
- Is a powerful antioxidant: Amla juice is rich in minerals and vitamins such as carotene, phosphorus, calcium, iron and vitamin B Complex and hence is a powerful antioxidant. It fortifies the liver, strengthens the lungs, nourishes your brains, improves muscle tone, regulate your urinary system and balances stomach acids. In fact, according to Ayurveda, regular consumption of amla juice promotes longevity.
Today, Amla Juice is commercially available in medical stores but there is nothing like homemade one.
Here is a simple process to make amla juice at home
Amla 4 – 5
Sugar 2 tsp
Honey 1 tsp
A pinch salt
- Take 4 – 5 amla and wash them with clean water. Then cut amla into small pieces and take out the seeds
- Put this small pieces of amla into the mixing jar and grind into a paste. Sieve the paste, squeeze the paste with spoon to extract the amla juice into a glass.
- Now add to the alma juice, ¾ glass water, honey, sugar and a pinch of salt and mix well.
Natural, healthy and instant Amla Juice is ready.