Amla Ladoo or Indian gooseberry ladoo is a healthy and tasty ladoo. It is prepared from fresh amla pulp and sugar. Amla is rich in Vitamin C. These ladoo can be served anytime of the day. Amla ladoo is good for digestion, highly beneficial for skin, hair problems, strengthens our immunity, nasal bleeding and it is also good for eyes.
Let’s go thru the process of preparing Amla Ladoo:
Amla 6 (250 g)
Sugar 1 cup
Almonds ½ cup
Cashew nuts ½ cup
Nut meg powder ½ tsp
Cardamom powder ½ tsp
Ghee 2 tsp
Procedure for preparing Amla Ladoo:
- Wash the amla 3 – 4 times in water. Pat dry them.
- Chop the amla’s and deseed them.
- Grind the chopped amla’s into coarse paste without water.
- In a pan heat 2 tsp of ghee, add to it ground coarse amla paste and stir well and fry on low flame for 5 minutes stirring continuously so that it does not get burnt at bottom.
- Add sugar and stir for 5 minutes on medium flame or till the mixture thickens or leave the sides of the pan.
- Meanwhile grind almonds and cashew nuts into a coarse powder. Add the powder to the amla-sugar mixture and stir well for 1 – 2 minutes. Put off the flame.
- Add cardamom powder and nutmeg powder and stir well with ladoo mixture. Allow it to cool.
- When the ladoo mixture is still warm prepare the ladoo out of the mixture.
Healthy Amla Ladoo is ready to be served.
Do refer my other post