Atukula Payasam is prepared with rice flakes (poha). Atukula Payasam is one of the easiest and tasty sweet recipes which can be prepared in minutes.
Atukulu is also Lord Krishna’s favorite. For this Sri Krishnashtami I am posting Atukula Payasam which is tasty and easy to prepare.
Atukula 150 grams
Sugar ¾ cup
Milk 1 litre
Custard powder 3 tsp
Ghee 4 tsp
Coconut pieces ¼ cup
Cashew nuts 10
Cardamom powder ¼ tsp
Procedure for preparing Atukula Payasam:
- In a small bowl mix custard powder and 3tbsp milk and keep it aside.
- Boil the remaining milk in a vessel.
- Put sugar and stir well. Boil the milk.
- When the milk is boiling, low the flame and add the custard powder milk slowly and keep stirring continuously so that no lumps are formed. Keep stirring for 3-4 minutes.
- Put atukulu and once it is boiled put off the flame immediately and bring it down.
- In pan heat ghee, add coconut pieces and fry them till light brown and keep it aside.
- In the same pan add cashew nuts and raisins and fry and keep it aside.
- Add the fried coconut pieces, cashew nuts and raisins to the payasam.
Tasty and colorful Atukula Payasam is ready.
- Adjust the sugar according to ur preference.
- After adding the atukulu to the boiling milk, once when it is boiled put of the flame immediately as atukulu requires less time to cook.